Sweetapolita's 2014 Holiday Gift Guide + (Epic) Giveaway!
(to enlarge image, click it, click the zoom magnifier and then the slide bar to enlarge)Happy Holidays, cute-stuff-loving friends! For the past few weeks I've been doing oodles of store browsing, both online and otherwise, and suffice it to say there are so many freakin' cute things out there! Holy fluff. Like most people, I absolutely love buying things for others--it just feels good. But this year, more than ever before, I'm finding it hard to resist sneaking in little things for you know who in between all of my gift-buying. So as a baker and lover of all things pretty and pastel, I can tell you that if you are trying to find something unique and memorable for someone who loves to bake, this year might be a good time to opt for something irresistible, over something practical--something that will bring a huge dose of happy to your peeps. So I've created this collection of some of my favourite gifts to give fellow bakers, and because you guys are THE best baking friends in the universe, I'm giving 1 lucky winner EVERYTHING shown in the above gift guide! Hooray! Here's more about the cute-as-heck goodies: 1. Jessie Steele Pink Polka Dot Oven Mitt: Because bows and polka-dot-anything make us happy. And a baker can never have too many oven mitts. #burnedamilliononthestovetop 2. KitchenAid Pink Classic Mixing Bowls: These lightweight, nesting mixing bowls are the perfect sizes, have convenient spouts, and a rubber grip bottom. Oh, and I think it's been scientifically proven that all things made in pink bowls taste better. 3. Stainless Steel Heart Measuring Spoons: I've been using these exact spoons for a few years, and while my drawer is full of measuring spoons, I always grab these first. While most bakers already have measuring spoons, they likely find they need a few sets on the go. 4. Jessie Steele Bubbly Celebration Apron: Chances are your baker friend already has a few aprons, but getting a crisp new, stylish apron is much like fun pajamas--we can never have too many yet we find it hard to splurge on them. 5. Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera (shown in blue, but they also come in pastel yellow, pink, white): Chances are, if a baker bakes, he/she also loves to snap photos of their goodies. These frosting-coloured instant cameras are always the life of the party.
♥ ♥ ♥
6. Glitterville Vintage Style Tin Birthday Cake Carrier: Anything adorned with the words "Everything is better with cake and frosting!" is a pretty much a go, and the adorable colours, stripes, scallops, and vintage vibe of this cake tin don't hurt either. We all love cake stands, but I find a lot of us don't actually have a cake carrier for transporting our cakes. This also looks beyond charming atop the counter.
7. Frosted Cupcake Glass Ornaments: Dessert-themed ornaments, especially the frosty old world variety, make the loveliest of gifts and won't break the bank. Who doesn't want to celebrate their love for baking upon their holiday tree?
8. Surprise-Inside Cakes by Amanda Rettke: This unique cookbook by Amanda from I am Baker is visually stunning and teaches readers, step-by-step, how to wow a crowd with her signature surprise-inside cakes. Baking books forever and ever. Amen.
9. MIU France Set of 4 Pastel Spatulas: Because bakers love frosting-coloured anything, and we all need a truck load of spatulas.
10. Unicorn Sprinkles Shaker: Come on. A unicorn sprinkles shaker . . . what dreams are made of.
♥ ♥ ♥
11. Mega (3.4 lb) Jar of Sprinkles: Pretty sure I don't need to tell you why getting a huge (3.4 lb) jar of sprinkles would rock someone's world. You might even witness some tears of joy.
12. Nesting Heart Cutter Set: Cookie cutters are always a thoughtful and inspiring gift, but cookie cutter sets are super fun and functional. And just think of how many cookies will be born because of you.
13. PJ Salvage Cookies & Milk Flannel PJ Set: Jammies to the stars! Dare you not to smile when you see happy cookies and milk staring up at you. Giving someone new pyjamas is like giving them a new lease on life, and these are just freaking adorable.
14. Philosophy Pink Marshmallow Buttercream Shower Gel: I love Philosophy anything, and they do dessert bath products up right. I almost fainted when I saw this Pink Marshmallow Buttercream collection, and I can't think of a better way to say I love you than with pink, frosting-scented shower gel.
15. Eat More Cake Mug by PJ Salvage: Because where there is cake, there is coffee.
♥ ♥ ♥
16. "Icing and Quotes" Ice Cream Bowl Set by Cake Boss: Cakey words and frosting squiggles--say no more.
17. Whitbread Wilkinson Pantone Coffee Maker: This colour--oh, this colour. Perfect for the coffee enthusiast who wants to brew their own espresso stovetop. It's also perfect for brewing espresso for the baked good recipes that call for such. Truth be told, I'd be happy just keeping it out to relish in its loveliness.
18. Pink Ice Cream Cone Kitchen Timer: How can something so functional be so darn cute? Love this.
19. Cupcake Yummy Pillow: This entire collection of "yummy" pillows is pretty crazy cute, but my heart belongs to this one. It's *almost* too realistic--you literally want to take a bite. A definite conversation piece! We have this one, and my cakelets can't get over it.
20. Jumbo Pink Buttercream Frosted Cupcake Wood Diecut: Simply put, everything Jenny and Aaron do is amazing, adorable, and beyond gift-worthy, but these jumbo dessert wood diecuts are to, well, die for. I have this cupcake hanging in my kitchen, and it brings me great joy--every day.
Enter below to win all of this pastel goodness! Good luck to you! xo